searchiconimg
Search Districts Within

Rajnandgaon District : Chhattisgarh

About District


The District Rajnandgaon came into existence on 26th Jan' 1973, by way of division of District Durg. The Rajnandgaon was originally named as Nandgram. The Palaces in the town of Rajnandgaon reveals its own tale of the rulers, their society & culture and the splendid tradition during that time. The contribution of Gajanan Madhav Muktibodh, Padumlal Punnalal Bakshi and Baldeo Prasad Mishra in the field of Hindi literature has a special mention. The District Kawardha was latter bifurcated from the District on 1st July 1998. The District Rajnandgaon is in the central part of Chhattisgarh. The District headquarter Rajnandgaon is on the Mumbai - Howrah line of south eastern railways. The total geographical area of the district is 8022.55 sq.km. The District lies between 20.07'' and 22.2''9 North lattitude and 80.2 and 81.2''4 East longitude. The district is divide into 5 Subdivisions, 9 Tehsils, 9 Blocks and 1685 Villages.

Judiciary

District at a Glance


General
  • District
  • Headquarters
  • State
Area in Sq Km (Census 2011)
  • Total
  • Rural
  • Urban
Population (Census 2011)
  • Population
  • Rural
  • Urban
  • Male
  • Female
  • Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males)
  • Density (Total, Persons per sq km)
Constituencies (ECI)
  • Assembly
  • Loksabha

Brought to you by National Informatics Centre | Page Last update : May 11 2017