searchiconimg
Search Districts Within

Viluppuram District : Tamil Nadu

About District


Viluppuram District was earlier a part of Cuddalore District.It was then bifurcated from Cuddalore and became a separate district on 30th September 1993.It is surrounded on East and South by Cuddalore District.The West by Salem and Dharmapuri District and on the North by Thiruvannamalai and Kanchipuram District. It is the Second largest District in the State which lies in the middle of the Tiruchirapalli to Chennai National Highways No. 45. It is well connected by the rail road and it is major junction. From here one can go to any corner of the Tamil Nadu as well as to other part of India. This district is having variety of tourist spots which are more than 100 years old. The district has temples, masques and churches which are very old and famous. The Gingee Fort, Rajagiri Fort, Sad – at – Ullah Khan Mosque, Kamalakkanni Amman Temple, Thiruvaamathoor- An ancient Chola temple, Thumpoor - Lord Nagamman temple, Ennairam - Narasimma swamy koil, Pachchaiamman Temple, Thalavanur - Shatru Malleswaralayam – Rock cut temple, 24 Theerthangarargul, Melmalayanur-Angala Parameswari Temple, Singavaram-Lord Ranganatha Temple Melnaariyappanoor Church, Mandagapattu Temple, Mel Chittamur and Thirunarungondai are some of the important places in the district.

District at a Glance


General
  • District
  • Headquarters
  • State
Area in Sq Km (Census 2011)
  • Total
  • Rural
  • Urban
Population (Census 2011)
  • Population
  • Rural
  • Urban
  • Male
  • Female
  • Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males)
  • Density (Total, Persons per sq km)
Constituencies (ECI)
  • Assembly
  • Loksabha

Brought to you by National Informatics Centre | Page Last updated : July 04 2017